Monday 2 June 2014

Unexpected Exciting Surprise

Ever since I got my iPhone I've become somewhat of an Instagram addict, and I'm always posting one thing or another as I go about my day. A few days ago I bought Miss Emily a Jamie Oliver Greenhouse, part of the new Jamies Garden promotion on at the moment at Safeway/Woolworths supermarkets. During the build (post still to come) I took photos and posted them to Instagram with the tag #jamiesgarden among others. I totally wasn't expecting what happened next, low and behold I started getting notifications that jamieoliver had liked many of my photos, and also commented on one. With the internet being what it is, and fans of celebrities always making spam accounts and pretending to be them, I just assumed that this was what had happened here, so withholding my excitement for the minute, I clicked on the persons name to check out their account, where to my surprise I found one of my photos of Emily and her greenhouse had been regrammed along with a few other people, and underneath a comment saying how sweet he thought the photos were, and that he'd be sending everyone a signed copy of his book. Too good to be true right? This has to be spam right? Those were the thoughts in my head, though all the while I was hoping it was legit. Only one way to find out, so off I went to find his official website and just as I'd hoped, there was a link to his official Instagram. I clicked on the link and suddenly there I was back at the very Instagram account that had liked, commented on, and regrammed my photo. Well to cut the story short right here as I have to get Emily ready for dance, I contacted him and Emily is now awaiting a signed copy of his book :) 

The next morning we also found our photo on the home page of jamieoliver.com :)

No comments:

Post a Comment